Last year was the year I really fell in
love with perfume; what they do, how they make you feel and the different kinds
of scents in particular. I read a book
called The Perfume Lover and also went on holiday to the perfume capital of the
world (Grasse in France if you’re wondering) where I went to perfume classes
and created my very own fragrance!
I also discovered my absolute favourite
fragrance last year and now have a signature scent (different to my fav whilst
growing up which was Miss Cherie Dior).
I decided to put together a little bunch of perfumes which I love and
think are ideal for the colder, winter months!
Escentric
Molecules 01: I’m sure you are all bored of
listening to bloggers talk about this perfume now but it is wonderful. This perfume was created from the aroma
chemical Iso E super (usually used as a basenote) so it can be layered over
other fragrances and tends to smell slightly different on everybody. Because of this, I hardly ever smell this on
myself. The first time I wore it I
couldn’t stop sniffing my arm but now it’s undetectable to my nose but others
can still smell it. I sometimes get
whiffs of this from other people on the tube (I can definitely tell it’s this)
and I adore it. One thing I dislike is
the price; it’s so bloody expensive!
This tiny travel bottle I purchased set me back £30 for 30mls so I tend
to save it for special occasions.
Diptyque’s
Eau Duelle: This has become my signature scent,
It’s the one I pick up daily and can’t get enough of. I spent a good hour in the London Diptyque
store in May last year choosing a fragrance to treat myself to and this was the
one I chose. It’s warm, spicy, vanilla
tone is just delightfully sexy and feminine.
My boyfriend also really likes this fragrance on me which is always a
bonus! Again, this is pricey at around
£55 for 50mls but I’m already on my third bottle and will forever continue to
re-purchase!
The
Body Shop Smoky Rose White Musk: When you think of The Body
Shop’s White Musk, you probably think old, powdery, musk (I worked at TBS for 5
years and despised White Musk) so when they launched White Musk Smoky Rose I
wasn’t particularly interested, until I smelt it. I think this is one of the most beautiful
fragrances TBS have ever released. It
contains notes of tobacco (I’ve never smoked a cigarette but adore perfumes
with tobacco notes), musk, pink pepper (again I adore pepper based fragrances)
which work together to create the most sensual, softly spicy perfume. Go and sniff it if you can – it’s stunning.
Estee
Lauder Sensuous: I’ve had this perfume for a couple
of years now after having a sample bottle of it and falling in love. It’s one I always dig out in the colder
months for it’s deep, woody, amber scents.
No suprises here but this also contains notes of pepper and sandalwood
which I seem to adore so much. This
perfume is quite heavy and can become sickly if you’re not in the mood for it,
but it’s perfect for evenings & partys!
I hope you enjoyed this post! I always find it really difficult to write
about perfumes but regardless I enjoy it!
I’d love to hear what some of your favourite spicy, winter scents are!
What are your favourite winter
perfumes?
xxx

