Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 FAVOURITES: Foundations & Concealers!

I discovered some fab new foundation and concealer products in 2015 and this year's round up almost entirely consists of new additions (all except for one, my trusty Collection concealer which will always be my number #1 fav)!


Rimmel Lasting Concealer
Firstly, I'm sorry this product looks so shoddy in the pictures!  I wanted to pop out and get a new one to photograph but I ran out of time so these will have to do!  
I picked this pot up on a whim in Boots in the Spring and never looked back - it's seriously good!  The palest shade is the perfect colour for my skin and the coverage is brilliant.  There are some blemishes that my Collection concealer just doesn't cover enough and for those, I know I can rely on this little pot!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This has been my favourite concealer for SO many years now, you all know that!  It's affordable, comes in a shade pale enough for me, covers blemishes really well and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.  I have at least 3 of these in my possession at all times (think handbag, makeup bag and backups) and don't know what I'd do without it.  (I think I also mentioned on my YouTube channel that my mum, sister AND dad are all big fans of this)!

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
I first discovered this product earlier this year when I went to Zoe's house and she used this as her base, (you can see her wearing it here as it's the video we filmed that day); her skin looked incredible and I instantly went and got one of my own!  
I'm going to do a full review on this foundation soon with before and after pictures so you can see just how good it is, but I'll tell you know, it does wonders to make my skin look healthier and clearer than it actually is.

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
This launched at the beginning of 2015 and instantly became a staple in my makeup bag.  I used this every day in the summer months when I wanted good coverage but a lighter consistency.  I'd describe this as a tinted moisturizer as it does really does wonders your skin with the added benefit of coverage. It also contains an SPF 30 and I felt like my skin really cleared up whilst I wore this!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
I've never been one for mineral/powder foundations - my skin has always been so blemished and so I've been worried about not getting enough coverage.  However, I know how good mineral foundations are for your skin and so I made an effort to try a few and this was my favourite.  It's surprisingly good coverage for a powder but doesn't make me look chalky or too 'matte'.  Again, I'll do a full review of this soon if you want it!

So there are my favourite base products of 2015.  I'm hoping to find some new favs in 2016 and want to experiment more with lightly tinted and powder products!

STAY TUNED TOMORROW: for my favourite hair products of 2015!

What were your favourite foundations of the past year?

xxxx

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig